Lingfield Road, Wimbledon: Village Lecture Hall and Club
Buy a print
|Copyright 1||London Borough of Merton|
|Photographer / Origin of Photo||Johns|
|Notes / History||Intended to provide "opportunities of intellectual and moral improvement, rational and social enjoyment," this building was designed by Samuel Teulon and opened in 1859.
Originally it housed a reading room, library and lecture hall; in 1916, the upper floor was converted to house the Wimbledon Society Museum.