Kingston Road: Masonic Hall, Merton Park
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Designed by Henry Quartermaine, the hall was funded by local landowner and philanthropist, John Innes.
It opened in 1900 and hosted a variety of cultural events, including concerts by the Merton boy's club.
Between 1933 and 1943, the building housed Merton and Morden Central Library, before reverting to its original use.
The adjacent Manor Club, founded by Innes in 1890, also offered a varied programme of lectures, whist, billiards, bowls, allotment and cycle club meetings, in addition to a bar serving beer and cider.