Worple Road, The Queen's Picture Theatre, Wimbledon
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1908|
|Notes / History||Originally known as the Electric Theatre, this was the first local cinema and opened in 1909.
Film shows ran from 6.30-10.30pm and patrons could enter at any point in the standard two hour programme.
Tickets were three pence, six pence and one shilling. The cinema was renamed the Queen's in 1911 and survived until 1930, when it was destroyed by fire.