St.Mary's Road, Queen Alexandra's Court, Wimbledon
Buy a print
|Notes / History||This complex of residential buildings was built in 1904-5. It was designed by Ernest George and Yeates with C.E.L. Parkinson and forms part of the Royal Homes for Widows and Daughters of Naval and Military Officers.
Queen Alexandra, the Danish wife of Edward VII, visited the local area on a number of occasions and was held in high regard – this is just one of a number of sites named in her honour.