Commonside East looking towards Mitcham Cemetery
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||29th August 1928|
|Copyright 1||J.H. Butcher|
|Notes / History||Taken from outside South Lodge Golf Clubhouse.
Mitcham Common is ancient common land that once extended much further and adjoined Croydon Common, Beddington farmlands and Waddon.
Also included were the various greens in and around Mitcham.
It was divided between four manors and was used for agriculture and grazing which kept the land open with low growing shrubs, grass and heathland.