Christchurch Road: Demolition of old railway bridge, Colliers Wood
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1988|
|Notes / History||In Christchurch Road itself the church, from whence it takes its name, was built on farmland in 1873/1874. This picture shows the demolition of the disused railway bridge which is now occupied by the roundabout area of Merantun Way.
The railway itself provided alternative links between Tooting and Wimbledon stations and served Merton Abbey Mills and the coal yards.