Phipps Bridge Road, Mitcham: Rats Castle

Phipps Bridge Road, Mitcham: Rats Castle

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1898
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Presented by Mr F P Olney
Picture Reference Mit_​Streets_​P_​Wil_​54-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Old Barn House, located on the junction of Christchurch, Church and Phipps Bridge Road. Originally used by J. Meadows for textile bleaching, after as a confectionery shop (according to Tom Francis memory). Demolished in 1961 because of its derelict state being named Rats Castle.

Related items

Comments

* Required field