Phipps Bridge, Mitcham

Phipps Bridge, Mitcham

Prints Temporarily Unavailable

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date 1910
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Streets_​P_​Wil_​54-44
Original Format Photo
Notes / History This waterboarded Cottage, has been known to exist since 1804 under the discretion names as: “Littler’s Cottage”, “White Cottage” or “The Nook”. At first occupied by Thomas Bartlett in 1804, then leased to John Leach of Newton, Leach, Greaves and Hodgson in 1805 as calico painters. In 1812, printer William Hate and sons worked for the calico printers being part of Merton Abbey. These cottages were demolished in 1961 century and replaced with modern block of flats

Related items

Comments

* Required field