Phipps Bridge, Mitcham

Phipps Bridge, Mitcham

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date 1810
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Streets_​P_​Wil_​54-39
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Remains of The Old Priory wall, founded by Gilbert Norman, The sheriff of Surrey in c.1114. In front some cultivated land along Pickle ditch, located by Phipps Bridge Road, which served the industry at Abbey Mills and act as boundary between Merton, Morden and Mitcham until 1965.

Related items

Comments

* Required field