Phipps Bridge Road, Mitcham

Phipps Bridge Road, Mitcham

Prints Temporarily Unavailable

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date 1908
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Streets_​P_​Wil_​54-5
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Remains of The Old Priory wall, founded by Gilbert Norman, The sheriff of Surrey in c.1114. In front some cultivated land located along Pickle ditch by Phipps Bridge Road, which served the industry at Abbey Mills and act as boundary between Merton, Morden and Mitcham until 1965.

Related items

Comments

* Required field