Killicks Lane, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c. 1880|
|Notes / History||Mr Samuel Killick, a local building contractor in 1768, gave his name to the lane at the side of the original house, (The lane was later renamed St. Marks's Road, now known as Majestic Way.) The original building was pulled down in 1854, and the land was used by the Newman family, who were farmers. One of their daughters, married James D Drewett and in this way possession of the site passed into the Drewett's hands
James Drewett, built Ravensbury House here shortly before 1900, the house was discribed as a gloomy and not very attractive mock Tudor House retaining the original walls and railings.