London Road, Mitcham: junction with Eveline Road

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1929
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Streets_​Lon_​38-29
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Many of the buildings shown here were built on the site of the old Potter and Moore lavender distillery.

Notice the radio and gramophone shop, picture right. At the time this photo was taken , radio was a key form of entertainment and sets were much in demand. A further sign of the times is the nearby milk-cart, now carrying ready bottled goods, rather than churns of milk to.

Just visible, far left, is the Swan pub sadly demolished in 1999 to allow construction of flats.

Related items

Comments

* Required field