London Road, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1952|
|Notes / History||Just visible, far right, is the Baths Hall. This was constructed during the early 1930s and held the first purpose-built swimming pool in the area. Prior to this, many youngsters swam in the ponds on Mitcham Common, notably Seven Islands Pond.
The Baths Hall was only in use for part of the year; during the remaining months the pool was boarded over to create a large entertainments venue for concerts, dancing, awards ceremonies and civil celebrations.