Camp Road, Wimbledon Common

Camp Road, Wimbledon Common

Buy a print

Area Wimbledon Village
Picture Reference Wim_​17_​2-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History This is just one part of Wimbledon to have benefited from the inspired work of Gertrude Jekyll, who in 1906 created a garden for Sir George Gibb at 35 Camp Road.

She is also known to have designed three other gardens in the Wimbledon/Merton Park area:

1908: Lady Gibb’s garden at 4 Belvedere Avenue

1914: Arthur Carr’s garden at “Bowerbank”, 10 The Downs

During the early part of the 20th century at "Greystones", 19 Mostyn Road

Related items

Comments

* Required field