Manor Road, Merton Park
Buy a copy
|Notes / History||This mock-Tudor architecture enjoyed great popularity during the late 19th century and again during the interwar years.
Property developer and philanthropist, John Innes, bought Manor Farm, off Watery Lane in 1868. The property was extended and converted into a sizeable family home, taking some thirty years to complete.
During the 1920s, the house was occupied by the director of the John Innes horticultural Institute, a renowned plant research unit, founded using a bequest from the Innes estate.