|Notes / History
||This view is looking towards South Wimbledon and the building on the right with the clock is The Prince of Wales Public House. Hartfield Road is on the right just in front of the pub. Note the trams approaching over the bridge and the period, Edwardian, dress of the people walking on the pavements. A new station was built on the left, or London, side in the the 1880s, with a District Line station just to the north added in 1889. The original iron bridge over the railway remained until shops were added in the early 1930s.