Merton Park Station

Merton Park Station

Buy a print

Area Merton Park
Picture Reference MerMor_​21_​6-15
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The station was originally named Lower Merton Station and opened in 1868. However, John Innes, felt the name Lower Merton, implied an inferior environment and he successfully persuaded the railway to alter the name to Merton Park in 1887.

The station has now been converted for residential use.

Related items

Comments

* Required field