Train, Mitcham Junction Station
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1930|
|Notes / History||Southern Railway Stroudley D1 0-4-2 tank engine no. B267 seen leaving Mitcham Junction Station on a Wimbledon-West Croydon service( now part of Tramlink).
The locomotive was built at Brighton in 1876 by the LBSCR. Originally numbered 27 and named Uckfield. During its time on the LBSCR the engine was renumbered 627 and then B627. In 1923 the LBSCR became part of the Southern Railway and the locomotive was again renumbered as 2627. The engine continued in service until withdrawal in November 1943 and eventually cut up for scrap in April 1948.