Tooting Junction Station

Tooting Junction Station

Buy a copy

For prints:
Contact Merton Heritage Service. Tel.020 8545 3239 Email:

Picture Reference Mit_​24_​6-2
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The station opened on 1st. October !868 on the south side of Longley Road and west of the present Tooting Station. In 1894 the station was considered too small and a new station opened at Mitcham Road on the 12th. August that year. The old station building remained in use as the Tooting Stationmaster's house at least until 1984. The building became derelict until renovation in 1993, only to be demolished in 2003 when a small housing estate was built on the site.

Related items


* Required field