Mitcham Junction Station
Buy a print
|Notes / History||The station was opened on 1st October 1868 with the opening of the Peckham Rye to Sutton line. Following the closure of the Wimbledon - West Croydon line in 1997 Mitcham Junction remained open as a station on the Sutton line. A new tram stop was built on the south side of the station with interchange facilities.
This photo shows unit 1805 with three passengers just having alighted from the train. The headcode "2" indicates a Wimbledon to West Croydon service.