Tooting Junction Station
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1929|
|Copyright 1||Len's of Sutton,|
|Notes / History||This picture shows Tooting Junction Station in the foreground with Tooting Station in the distance above the bridge. The buildings to the left of the fence are the old station buildings and the platform to the right is the old junction platform. The tracks running under the bridge is the line from Haydons Road. At the end of the platform on the right is where the line from Merton Abbey used to form the junction, with one track, now severed, visible.
The Merton Abbey junction was severed in 1934, the up track removed and the section was worked as a long siding from Merton Park.