Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c 1910|
|Notes / History||Also known as Bishopsford Road Bridge.
A bridge is known to have stood over this section of the Wandle for centuries. The structure shown here was rebuilt at the expense of the county of Surrey c. 1759, following criticism of the parishes of Mitcham and Morden for their poor maintenance record.
The bridge carries Bishopsford Road over the River Wandle between Ravensbury Park, Mitcham Grove and Watermeads.
Note the wooden footbridge in the left foreground.