Wandle Bridge, Sutton Road, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Copyright 1||Batchelder Bros|
|Notes / History|| Also known as Mitcham Bridge.
This view is looking along Sutton Road(now Bishopsford Road) towards Mitcham.
Ravensbury Park is to the left of the bridge and Watermeads to the right.
The ford, known as The Splash, is visible to the right under the trees.
Note the group of men by the wall and on the railings on the right.
There is a metal parish boundary plate fixed to the western parapet bearing the date 1882.