Mitcham Junction Station

Buy a print

Date Photo Taken 26th March 1926
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 O.J. Morris 304 Beulah Hill Norwood SE19
Picture Reference Mit_​Transport_​22-3
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The station opened with the Peckham Rye - Sutton Line on 1st October 1868.

The picture was taken looking towards Croydon, the main line joining on the right with the train from Sutton. The single track continuing under the footbridge is the branch line to West Croydon. The siding to the left of the platform is a terminal for branchline trains.

The tracks at the bottom of the picture split just outside the station with the main lie heading up to Streatham and the branch terminating at Wimbledon.

The footbridge across the branch line leads to Princes Golf Club(Ladies) clubhouse, just behind the train. The signal box is directly behind the signal gantry in the centre of the picture.

Related items

Comments

* Required field