The Grange Convalescent Home, Central Road, Morden

Buy a print

Area Morden
Picture Reference MerMor_​30_​2-9
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Like Morden Hall, the Grange, (previously known as Steel Hawes,) was owned by Gilliat Edward Hatfeild.

In 1915, it was converted into a military hospital, with 34 beds. The building later housed a post-war nursing home, which closed in 1964.

After many years in disrepair, the Grange was refurbished and until recently housed offices belonging to Courts Ltd.

Related items

Comments

* Required field