Wimbledon War Memorial
Buy a print
|Notes / History||The War Memorial, Parkside, Wimbledon, c. 1921.
Designed by the architect, Thomas Jackson, a resident of Eagle House, the Wimbledon memorial was unveiled by the local M.P. Sir Joseph Hood.
Three years after the end of the war, the loss of life still stirred strong emotions, as shown by the carpet of flowers covering the base of the monument.