|Notes / History
||The George Inn is thought to have been established in the sixteenth century and, not surprisingly, its appearance has changed over the years. Like many of the local hostelries it also functioned as a coaching inn, providing a rest point and refreshments for these travelling to and from Epsom. This photo was taken after extensive refurbishment, organised by Fred Langley, the licensee from 1929 to’39. He extended the pub to include a lounge and saloon bar, together with ‘Loggia and “Luncheon Room”, decorated in the Art Deco style. It is now a Harvester restaurant.