Snuff Mill, Morden Hall
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1950|
|Notes / History||This picture shows the two mill buildings that existed on the Morden Hall Estate. The two waterwheels are still in place (seen to the left of the picture). One was later removed and the other had its puddles taken away. The mills were in operation until 1922 when they were shut down following a strike.
One of the buildings was used as an Environmental Centre by the National Trust. The large white building – Morden Cottage – was used for a time by Groundwork.