Harriott's Farm, West Barnes: Farm House
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1913|
|Notes / History||Tenant of Moat Farm from 1884, William Harriott had purchased a substantial estate covering some 306 acres by 1894. He built this fine house known as either
West Barnes House or
Harriott’s Farm House alongside
West Barnes Lane and dedicated his life to framing in this area until just after the First World War. The construction of Burlington Road to accommodate the new tram network crossed much of this farms land along with many others in the area.