Rats Castle: An old cottage on Phipps Bridge Road
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1900|
|Copyright 1||Copied by E. Passmore Olney|
|Notes / History||
Rats Castle, an old cottage on the corner of Phipps Bridge Road.
This was an old weather boarded house, located on the junction of Christchurch Road, and what was part of Phipps Bridge Road (now Liberty Avenue).
Originally used by J. Meadows for textile bleaching, it became a confectionery shop. It was named Rats Castle because of its derelict state and was demolished in 1961.