Sibford, Cricket Green, Mitcham

Sibford, Cricket Green, Mitcham

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1958
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Advertiser
Picture Reference Mit_​Buildings_​34-3
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Sibford House, situated on the northern side of Mitcham Cricket Green, at the corner of London Road & Lower Green West, is an Edwardian House which was built by and lived in by the Shelswell family. Several family members practised as general medical practitioners from a doctors' surgery annexed to the house.

In 1958 the house was converted into 12 flatlets for the elderly and run by the Merton Old Peoples Housing Association for some 30 years.

Related items

Comments

* Required field