Sibford, Cricket Green, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1958|
|Copyright 1||News and Mercury|
|Notes / History||Sibford House, situated on the northern side of Mitcham Cricket Green, at the corner of London Road & Lower Green West, is an Edwardian House which was built by and lived in by the Shelswell family. Several family members practised as general medical practitioners from a doctors' surgery annexed to the house.
In 1958 the house was converted into 12 flatlets for the elderly and run by the Merton Old Peoples Housing Association for some 30 years.