Church House: South wall built during the late 16th Century
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||27th February 1952|
|Notes / History||This is part of the historic perimiter wall surrounding Church House, Church Lane, Merton.
The house was built on the site of a Tudor mansion and between 1820 and 1845 the property was used as a workhouse, and later as a school.
Part of the house was demolished in 1911 and the remainder in 1923. The wall which enclosed the house still survives and dates from the 16th and 17th centuries.