The Canons, Mitcham: Spring display

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1975
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Buildings_​5-10
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Canons house and estate was purchased for £25,093 by Mitcham Council in 1939 but with the onset of war the house and gardens fell into disrepair.

In April 1965 management of the Canons moved to the Parks Department of the London Borough of Merton who undertook to bring the estate back into good order for the enjoyment of local people. Lawns were relaid and substantial planting took place. In addition to work on the house and gardens, a gymnasium was built to the side of the house.

Related items

Comments

* Required field