Cricketers: Bedser Twins
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1958|
|Notes / History||This picture shows the Bedser twins, Alec and Eric, with a Young's wagon. The twins
re-opened the Cricketers Pub in 1958 following its destruction by a bomb during the Blitz. Also present at the opening were Jim Laker and Andy Sandham.
One of the features of the new pub was acid-etched glass panels depicting
well-known cricketers in action.
The pub was originally called 'The White Swan' but the name was changed by 1823; It was leased by Young and Bainbridge in 1831 and bought by Young & Co. in 1881. It has since closed down.