London Road: Town Hall and The Wite Hart Inn, Mitcham

London Road: Town Hall and The Wite Hart Inn, Mitcham

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1949
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Streets_​Lon_​38-33
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Now known as the “Hooden on the Green”, this pub dates from the 18th century, if not earlier. The Lord of the manor, James Crammer is known to have financed repairs to the Building during the 1750s. The White Hart was in direct competition with the nearby “King’s Head” during the Georgian era, as the coaching trade brought new customers to the area. George Holden ran a stage coach business from adjacent stable; this was later superseded by the Samson family horse-bus service to and from London

Related items

Comments

* Required field