Cranmer, Mitcham: Front aspect

Cranmer, Mitcham: Front aspect

Buy a print

Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 T Francis Collection
Picture Reference Mit_​Buildings_​26a-2
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Cranmers, known at different times as 'The Rectory', and also 'Mitcham Villa' was situated off Cranmer Road, by Cranmer Green.Named after the family of that name, who descended from Robert Cranmer, an East India merchant, who purchased the estate in 1656. The house, together with a timber framed, weatherboarded tithe barn, were pulled down in 1928 to make way for a much needed local hospital, named the Wilson Cottage Hospital. Nothing remains of the house today.

Related items

Comments

* Required field