The Crown Inn, prior to demolition

The Crown Inn, prior to demolition

Prints Temporarily Unavailable

Buy a print

Area Morden
Copyright 1 W.A. Cook
Picture Reference MerMor_​Pubs_​1-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History This complex of buildings first build in 1932 in mock Tudor style at first served as a tavern. During the interwar period was transformed into complex of restaurants, bars and function rooms (Kings Hall) and off license shop, but demolished in 1960/1, following the construction of Crown House (now Merton Civic Centre). A new bar was opened in 1961 to the side of the tower block.

Related items

Comments

* Required field