|Notes / History
||This complex of buildings first build in 1932 in mock Tudor style at first served as a tavern. During the interwar period was transformed into complex of restaurants, bars and function rooms (Kings Hall) and off license shop, but demolished in 1960/1, following the construction of Crown House (now Merton Civic Centre). A new bar was opened in 1961 to the side of the tower block. Notice the old police call-box, far left- these blue phone structures were once a common sight on British streets.