White Lion of Mortimer
Buy a print
|Notes / History||The White Lion of Mortimer, as it was renamed by Wetherspoon's, was traditionally known as the Buck's Head. It had a history going back to the 17th century, when it acquired the Buck's Head moniker courtesy of the Smythe family crest, as they owned the land it was on.
It was mentioned in the Parish Records of 1776, and hosted meetings during the Napoleonic Wars.
The current building dates back to the early 20th century.