Wimbledon County School for Girls: Hockey team
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date
|Notes / History
|Despite the picture title, the origin of this group is unclear - the uniform badges bear the letters SPS, which may refer to The Study, a girls' school founded in 1893. The original classrooms were based in a converted shop on Wimbledon High Street, however, the popularity of the school necessitated a move to larger premises on Peek Crescent. The new building could accommodate both junior and senior classes.