Wimbledon County School for Girls: Netball Team
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||1947|
|Copyright 1||Merton Library Service|
|Notes / History||Netball, along with hockey, were the two main sports available for students at the Wimbledon County School for Girls to compete in, with tennis and rounders taking their place during the summer term.
The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive educational system, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.