Wimbledon County School for Girls
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1920|
|Notes / History||Some of the students from Wimbledon County School for Girls are pictured here with the school's second headmistress, Miss Borthwick, who took over from the founding headmistress. Miss Batho, in 1919.
The Wimbledon County School for Girls was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the school did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive education, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School