Wimbledon County School for Girls

Wimbledon County School for Girls

Buy a print

Area Merton Park
Picture Reference Wim_​33_​1-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History A display of gymnastics and dancing at the Wimbledon County School for Girls.

The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive education, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.

Related items

Comments

* Required field