Wimbledon County School for Girls: The Head Girl

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1930
Area Merton Park
Picture Reference Wim_​33_​1-28
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History The Wimbledon County School for Girls was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the school did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive education, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School

Related items

Comments

* Required field