Wimbledon County School for Girls: Tennis Team
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1946|
|Notes / History||Tennis and rounders were the two summer sports offered to girls at the Wimbledon County School for Girls at this time. Netball and hockey were played the rest of the year.
The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive educational system, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.