Church House: Merton College School
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Date Photo Taken||19th October 1893|
|Copyright 1||Finch & Co|
|Notes / History||The house was built on the site of a Tudor mansion and between 1820 and 1845 the property was used as a workhouse, and later as a school.
Part of the house was demolished in 1911 and the remainder in 1923. The wall which enclosed the house still survives and dates from the 16th and 17th centuries.