Children from Manor House Nursery School
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1950|
|Copyright 1||John Innes Society|
|Photographer / Origin of Photo||via Quartermain family|
|Notes / History||The school was established in the Manor House, previously the home of John Innes, then used by the John Innes Horticultural Institution until World War II.
The Nursery School was succeeded by Rutlish School,
who moved to the site in the 1950s.
The wall in the background was built for John Innes, and marked the boundary of his private gardens. It still stands, separating John Innes Park from Rutlish School.