Bounty Old People's Club: Opening of the Christmas market
Buy a copy
|Date Photo Taken
|28th November 1958
|News and Mercury
|Notes / History
|Mrs Dorothy Tyler, Olympic high jumper, opens Bounty Old People's Club Christmas Market at their premises in Park Road, Colliers Wood.
Father Christmas was one of the club members and the others pictured are bazaar organisers.
The Club started in 1956 and was open every night for whist drives, bingo, discussions and other events. It was seriously vandalised in February 1984 leading to its closure.