Mill Pond, Wandle Park, Colliers Wood
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1912|
|Notes / History||In 1910 the Mill Pond Garden was added to Wandle Park, purchased by public subscription and presented to the National Trust.
The pond dates from the late 18th century, created by the then owner James Perry, as a reservoir for the Merton Corn Mill. The Mill Pond had since silted up and was infilled between the wars.
Re-design of the park was undertaken through Merton Groundwork Trust and completed in 2003.